Sem našla še nekaj razlik med Borderji in avstralci:
Border Collies are usually VERY high energy dogs.
* They are intense working dogs and are happiest when working at something most of the time, whether that work is retrieving a tennis ball, herding sheep (or children), circling the yard or doing agility and obedience. "Play" usually becomes work for Borders because of their intensity.
* With some notable exceptions, many Border Collies are not warm, cuddly dogs. They often prefer their own space and are not likely to be couch potatoes (at least not for any length of time).
* They have a wide variety of looks to them, some are heavy boned and others are small and fine boned. Some have prick ears and others have tipped ears. The most common color is a mostly black body with a white tip on the tail and white markings on the chest, toes and face. Other color variations include: mostly white with some black markings; black, white and tan on the legs and face; blue merle; red (liver);white; red, white and tan and red merle. There are three types of coats: smooth, medium and rough.
* Traditionally Border Collies have been bred for their drive to herd sheep. They are known for their keen "eye" or stare when herding. There is a wide variation in the intensity of their "eye" or stare.
* Border Collies can be very protective of their home and family.
* Border Collies can be highly sensitive dogs, they may be very sensitive to corrections, to sounds and/or especially sensitive to movement of others.
* If the energy of a Border Collie is not directed in appropriate ways and if self control is not taught at a very early age, they will quickly develop very inappropriate behaviors, such as circling people or furniture, nipping at children (a herding response), chasing cars, cats, bicycles (or any moving object), chewing things, barking and many other possible behavior patterns.
Australian Shepherds are usually high energy dogs. The level of energy varies more widely among Aussies than Border Collies.
* Aussies like to work, however they tend to have a sense of the fun side of life. They often like to play and clown around showing their sense of humor. Aussies like a healthy balance of work and play in their lives.
* Aussies often enjoy cuddling with their humans. They are very affectionate dogs and want a lot of human attention and interaction in their lives.
* Some Aussies are protective of their home and family. They are usually loyal family members.
* Aussies are of a medium bone with a medium coat often with an undercoat. The breed standard does not allow tails however some have tails. Also the ears are usually tipped forward however occasional prick ears will be present. There are four recognized colors: Black, Blue merle, Red and Red merle all with or without white markings and tan/copper points. Other color variations may occur.
* If raised with children most Aussies adapt well to living with children, but as with any dog, care must be taken to supervise a young puppy with children to avoid problems.
* Aussies are intelligent and can be creative as well as independent. Training in their formidable months is essential to having an Aussie be a happy family member.
Kolikor to drži ne vem vir